Send multiple reports to the same username

Hi Team,

I have a query regarding Quicksight Paginated Report. I need help to send multiple reports to the same username corresponding to each row value.

For instance, in row-level security settings, I’ve designated userName1 to only access rows where column1 equals x or y. However, when sending the report to userName1, I aim to send two distinct reports: one where column1 equals x and another where column1 equals y.

Currently, Quicksight appears to combine data for both x and y into a single report, but I require separate reports.

Is there a method to achieve this?

Thanks!

Hello @kachandn !

When you created your paginated report, did you apply any filters?

From what I understand, you want to create one paginated report but have two reports sent to the final user that are filtered for a specific value. I’m not sure this is possible from one table using the console, but you could create two tables that are filtered to the same criteria as your RLS. Paginated Report schedules allow you to attach more than one CSV, PDF, or excel workbook in the email it sends out.

No, I didn’t apply any filters. Row-level security is automatically filtering the data based on user.

You want to create one paginated report but have two reports sent to the final user that are filtered for a specific value. → Yes, you understood correctly. If the userName1 have access to 3 values (x, y and z) for column1, then I want to send 3 separate reports to the same user corresponding to each value.

Hello @kachandn !

In this case, I would create 3 table visuals that are filtered down on to those 3 distinct values or attributes from your target field.

Then, when you set your paginated report schedule you can define what visuals you want to send as exports and in what format. The only thing with this is they will be sent at the same time unless you create three different schedules, one for each table.