Send to all users with access

Hi,

When setting a dashboard schedule to - Send to all users with access, I have to share the dashboard with all users one by one or it’s sends the report to all users that have an access to the dashboard via Shared folders?

Thanks,
Amihai

It’s not limited to users who have access through shared folders. It also includes users or groups that you shared the dashboard with directly on this page:

@David_Wong

Ok but it is also include users who have access to the shared folder where dashboard is shared to, right?

thank you

Yes, that’s right. The screenshot I posted also shows the shared folders that the dashboard is in, so users who have access through those shared folders are also included.

@David_Wong
the mail is not being sent. It also doesn’t appear in the user’s spam folder.
I’m as the scheduler do get the mail daily.
Can you think for any reason of why that happens?

Regards,

I wonder if it’s a bug. You would think that “Send to all users who have access” would include those who have access through a shared folder. I tested it and also don’t receive the email if my access to the dashboard is through a shared folder. However, if you add the users to a group and select the group as recipient, it seems to work.

Can you also check the last 2 conditions in this screenshot?

1 Like

Hi @David_Wong

The recipients are active users in Quicksight.
I don’t exceed 5000 users. Far from it.

If doesn’t send to users who have access through shared folders, it is confusing.

Thanks,
Amihai

Hi @amico ,

I am facing the same issue. now i have to create a group for all users to be accessed. and then share the dashboard to the user group.

i also checked with the users, they can “access” and view the dashboard under the shared folder. but cannot receive email when I choose “send to all users with access”. you can test it by choosing email recipients to try to add them. if you can add them, they will receive, else not.

This is absolutely confusing.

1 Like

I had the same issue.
I created a group with people that should recieve 3 Daily reports
I put the reports in a shared folder
I shared the folder with the group
I scheduled an email to everyone with access to the report (which was in the shared folder)
The reports where not sent out in this scenario. The people in the group could still view the reports in Quicksight though since the folder and its content was shared with the group.

I shared each dashboard/report with the group and in the schedule I configured to send the email to everyone that has access to the report and then it worked.

Basically, scheduling email does not seem to work with people who only have access to the Shared Folder but you need to also share every Dashboard with specific people or groups.

Once a dashboard is configured to be shared with a group, it is easy to add people to a “DailyReports” group and manage access from there.

Hope it makes sense.

Hi @ErikG - Need your help on this. Looks like scheduling email functionality is not working in QuickSight, the details are available in this case. Can we raise this to AWS team as a bug so that they can investigate and provide a solution to us.

Regards - Sanjeeb