Setting limits for tenants when using embedded analytics?

Hi team,

For embedded analytics, if I want to set limits for my tenants and their authors and readers (questions asked or paginated reporting for example) - is there a way to make sure they don’t go above that threshold? What’s the best way to go about capacity vs. user based pricing in this use case?

Some example information - I have 10 tenants, 10 users each, I want to enable paginated reporting, authoring, and Q for half of the users of each tenant so 50 users total. I don’t want them to accrue anything above the limitations I’ve set for them - so if I did the monthly plan for Q - 500/month (with any additional being .50/question), how can I ensure I don’t hit above this limit?

I saw this on setting up the admin experience: Building an administrative console in Amazon QuickSight to analyze usage metrics | AWS Big Data Blog to track usage and perhaps bill them in case of overages but is there way to proactively implement so there’s no overages in the first place?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @attuazo, welcome to the QuickSight community!

Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to handle this type of functionality in the QuickSight console or programatically. The blog you linked is definitely the best guide to manually keep track of your usage data.

At AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a
better service. I have tagged this as a feature request. Let me know if you have any remaining questions, otherwise I will archive this topic for our support team. Thank you!

Thanks @DylanM, appreciate it :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing this implemented in the future possibly!

1 Like