Showing detailed views or drill down

Hi

I have got a tree map visual which displays summary of information. Can I click on the info on that visual and using that data values filter open a drill down visual which show a detailed view?

So If the user selects a value on the tree map visual, a table visual could be displayed which only contains the data for that selected value

Hello @Sam1 !

I would use a filter action from a parameter that filters only a table with the same fields applied to it, or include other fields as well. If you want this table to appear only when your user makes a selection, you will need to apply conditional rules from free form layout. Below are some docs on how to acheive this:

Let me know if this is what you are looking for!

2 Likes

Hi @Sam1 ,

@duncan is right.
Will add on that if you end up going the conditional rendering route, you will need to use a navigation action (instead of filter action), set a parameter and use it for driving the filtering as well as the rendering rule.

Marking above response as the solution.

Regards,
Arun Santhosh
Pr QuickSight SA

1 Like

Thanks @ArunSanthosh for the reply
I have added a new visual table and it displays the relevant columns which I want on selection of a value from the tree map.
However I would like to only display the table on selection in the same sheet and invisible by default.
I see there is a Rule which I can create to make it invisible by default however how can I display this visual on selection as it needs a parameter with a value to be specified. I just want the table to be displayed if that parameter has got any value.

Regards
Sam

Hi Sam @Sam1 ,

Most welcome.
You can check for the parameter not being NULL. See screen shot below.

Regards,
Arun Santhosh
Pr QuickSight SA

1 Like