Sort options with several fields in x axis

I have several fields/columns in my x-axis field well and they all need to be sorted differently. I was able use sort options on one of the fields but for the other fields sort option does not appear. Should I see a sort option for all of them?

Hello @nw2this, welcome to the QuickSight Community! Unfortunately, the sort that you add on the x axis will be used on every field in the drill down. If you don’t have a ton of options in one of the x-axis fields, you could try using a calculated field that would use an ifelse statement to return the values in the order you want but it would be tedious work. Something like this:

ifelse({size} = "Large", "Large", {size} = "Medium", "Medium", {size} = "Small", "Small"...)

I know it isn’t the solution you were hoping for but let me know if this helps!

Thank you. I will try this. But I also have numeric versions of the fields that are already in the right order. Is there a way to just label the numeric values. So is there a way to make 3 be displayed as “Large”, 2 be displayed as “Medium” , 1 as "Medium, etc.

There is a drop down on the x and y axis

Is there anything like that to enable you to select the group/color?

Hello @nw2this, I am a little confused about what you are asking. Size must be returning either a string or an integer, so is it returning “Large” and “3” or is it just returning the numeric values? If it is just returning numeric values, you can use the ifelse statement in the same way, but just switch
ifelse({size} = "Large", "Large"...) for ifelse({size} = 3, "Large"...). Now if you are expecting 2 different fields, you could possibly try adding an or statement to the ifelse (I am not certain this would work) like this:

ifelse({numericSize} = 3 OR {stringSize} = "Large", "Large"...)

Let me know if that helps!