Transferring/Moving objects across different accounts using CLOUDFORMATION

I have worked on migrating objects from my dev to PROD account using the quicksight APIs including the new ones from all the resources provided in this community.

However, I am leaning more towards using the Cloud Formation for transferring the assets, is there any link or page where we can have the steps for moving the objects cross accounts using cloud formation and CF Template? Like the procedure for exporting the infrastructure as code from the quicksight (environment 1) and making changes in the script( as requirement ) and uploading in the CF as stack and then running against specific environment to show that particular (analysis/dashboard in the environment 2).

That would really be helpful.

Thank you

Waiting for the response.

hi @dsahu,

there is learning series for CloudFormation

and also there is blog which going through a step for a use case with Redshift data source.

hope these help.

kind regards,
Wakana

1 Like

Hello @dsahu !

Was @Wakana 's response helpful, and if so could you mark their answer as a solution?

1 Like

Thank you @Wakana for your response.

I am actually using RDS database to store the instances and it is connected to quicksight.
The links that you have provided, are actually the best links to go through the cloudformation template creation .

Thank you so much.
Dibyasha

1 Like

Hi @duncan ,

Absolutely, the response was helpful. I am currently working on creating the CF template by using the Dataset, analysis and dashboard ARN information that is gathered on being generated via using the quicksight API.

I am in the mid process, will update if I am successful in migrating a dataset to my PROD account, and if any issues, will raise my concern here.

Will keep you all updated.

Thank you.

1 Like