Unable to add a VPC for RDS access

I have followed the docs to enable connecting QuickSight to an Aurora psql instance but I can’t get it to work.

When I try add the VPC from QuickSight I see the an error in the chrome dev console (no visible error on the page itself…) that says “Not autorized to perform ec2:CreateNetworkInterface”

I have done the following

• Checked that my user has ec2:CreateNetworkInterface and quicksight:CreateVPCConnection
  • Checked that the aws-quicksight-service-role-v0 also has these two permissions
  • Also added ec2:DescribeNetworkInterfaces and ec2:DeleteNetworkInterfaces to both
  • Checked that QuickSight is using the aws-quicksight-service-role-v0 role
  • Checked that the role has sts:AssumeRole
  • Check the VPC, security groups etc. Though it seems unlikely it is any of that since the failure happens as I’m trying to add the VPC to QuickSight

Do you have any idea where I can look next? The UX for this from QS is not great.

Thanks

Hi @andrevdm - Welcome to “AWS QuickSight Community” and thanks for posting the question. Can you please provide the below details.

1. When you login to QuickSight → Manage QuickSight -->Manage VPC connection → Add VPC connection, then a login window will appear, usually login with AWS admin credential to add the VPC or requested your admin to help you in that.

If you are still facing the challenge, raise an aws support ticket ( link to raise a ticket - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support) so that aws team can see your screen and guide you. If you do not have permission to raise the ticket, request your aws admin to help you in this.

Please try option -1 whether it worked for your not.

Regards - San