Units measure - Quicksight

Hi,

I’m developing a really complex dashboard for an energy company.

My calculation fields need to have measures of electricity, such as MW, MWh, KW, KWh…

The dashboards contain transposed tables, with calculated fields displayed as rows:

My first attempt was to add a symbol similar to the currency option, but there was no solution for units measure.

the next attempt was to add acalculates filed for any of the calculated fileds of the table, that will do: concat(tostring(round(original_calculated_field,0)), ’ MWh’)

(By the way- I added the round function because other way it’s adding to many digits after the zero while doing “to string”.)

But when I’m trying the second attempt, I have no option to format the number as I wish to display it - with a comma/In different units (thousens, millions…) and so on.

This is really problematic, because I must give to my customer an appropriate solution for his wishes.

I would like to help please.

Thanks in advance.

Noy

Hi @Noys
so if you create a string you cant caluclate anymore, thats fine for you?

Regarding you 2nd solution your question would be how to get the thousens/millions seperator?

BR

1 Like

Hello @Noys,

There is an option when formatting a Number to add a Prefix or Suffix which keeps the formatting of numbers, have you tried this?

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi @andres007 ,
Amazing! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much! :slight_smile: