Unknown rows getting imported during incremental refresh

Hi,
I have a dataset named client_info imported from RDS datasource, and configured incremental refresh for every 15 mins in quicksight where i used date column as client_joined_date, with window size number as 10 and window size unit as days.
while incremental refresh happens the number of rows getting increased which does not matches with the actual rows in the table.
for eg: My table has 890 rows, but while incremental refresh happened, it is appending unknown data which are not available in my table, which results in 930 rows getting imported to the spice.
what is the issue here, how to avoid this issue?

1 Like

Hello @Varsha_Saravanan, welcome to the QuickSight community!

The first thing I want to check is whether or not client_joined_date is the appropriate field to run incremental refreshes from. Would there ever be a scenario after the joined date that client data on that row would be updated or a new row relating to that client? That seems like a static value and you would likely want to consider basing your refresh off a database field like updated_date. That way rows would update properly during the ingestion process.

Let me know if this helps!

Hello @Varsha_Saravanan, since we have not heard back from you, I wanted to check if my previous response helped resolve the issue you are facing. If not, please provide some more information and I can help guide you further. If we do not hear back from you in 3 days, I will archive this topic. Thank you!

Hello @Varsha_Saravanan, since we have not received a response, I will archive this topic. If you need further assistance with this issue, please post a new question in the community and link this topic to provide relevant information. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!