Usability of QuickSight for a SellerFacing/ Customer Facing Website

Hi Team, we have a SellerFacing platform where we want to present Sellers with clean Dashboards showing their performance through our platform. By the nature of our platform the number of Sellers would increase over time and hence the session/ pageviews would increase with each marketplace launch.

1. Given our specific requirement and the nature of the QuickSight’s charging model which is per-session, is QuickSight a good choice for such Seller Facing/ CustomerFacing applications ?

2. The URL generate by QuickSight, is it accessible through any device outside Amazon network or its authentication ? Example : If I can somehow share the URL over Gmail, will I be able able to access the dashboard through that link in some other device?

3. Are many teams inside/ outside Amazon using QS for showing dashboards where they need to show it on Customers/ Seller Facing applications (which will keep increasing) ?

Thanks

Hello Deepak_Morolia,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting your queries.

When you say number of sellers would increase what numbers we are talking about there ? > 500 ?

1. Yes, Capacity pricing allows QuickSight customers to purchase reader sessions or Q questions in bulk, without having to provision individual readers in QuickSight. Capacity pricing is ideal for embedded applications or large-scale BI deployments. Great for large use cases with 100s of 1000s of users and no user provisioning required. For more info -Amazon QuickSight Pricing - Business Intelligence Service - Amazon Web Services
  2. You can also share your Amazon QuickSight dashboard with anyone on the internet from the Share menu in the QuickSight console. When you do this, anyone on the internet will be able to access the dashboard, even if they aren’t a registered user on your QuickSight account, when you share the dashboard link or embed the dashboard. However, before sharing to public
    a) you need to have Capacity based license and set the permission accordingly
    For more info -Granting anyone on the internet access to an Amazon QuickSight dashboard - Amazon QuickSight
  3. There are many customer references , you may follow here -Amazon QuickSight Customers - Business Intelligence Service - Amazon Web Services

Hope this gives some insight.

Cheers,
Deep

1 Like

@Deep Thanks for the response,
Number of Sellers joining the platform varies from marketplace to marketplace, we can consider on an average 300 - 400 new sellers join every month.

1. Understood.
  2. Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect, do these customers of QS have high traffic visiting their pages as although they use QS to show customer facing dashboards but the size of customers seems to be limited.

Hello Deepak,

I do not know the exact numbers, however, i am certain that if the dashboard is embedded for public consumption within their pages , the traffic and usage could be high as well. Hence, the capacity based license comes handy here.

hope this helps.
Cheers,
Deep