Use all fields for URL actions

Hi - I would like to use actions to direktly root to a website depeding on where the user Klicks - and the used URL depends on an ID that is directly connected with the element, but not shown in the graphic.

As an example: Let’s assume we have a company with name “NULL” with ID 123 → then I would like to send the user to website www.abc.com/123
Unfortunately when I build the action I can only add the name as a parameter, but not the ID. If I am typing it in manually in the wanted form <>, the action does not work (I cannot even choose it in the menu)

Anyone had the same problem/knows a solution?

How is the ID represented in your dataset? How is the ID represented on the bar chart? In QS today you can configure any parameter defined on the analysis or the specific fields being represented in the chart in a URL action. Another mechanism could be to use Links in Tables if ID is present in your dataset where you configure the link as a calculated field and configure that as a hyperlink. If you want it specifically for a bar chart, you can apply cross visual filtering using filter actions and have the link be available from the table.

Hi, @Sunshine007. Did @Shekhar’s solution work for you? I am marking his reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

@Peter more or less. My goal was to use the ID without showing it in the graph → this is not possible as far as I understood. I now show it in the graph (but then hide the column)
But yes I found a solution