User name appending with role name

Hi Team,

I have created first user using client.register_user in QS which was created successfully with as IdentityType as IAM. but whenever username is creating its appending with role name from IamArn value Please help on this. ex. aws-quicksight-reader-access/Jhon

Hi,

You cannot use the “/” in your user name.

Some naming guidelines are here

Acceptable characters are lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, ‘_’, ‘-’ or ‘.’.

Create user name according the above pattern.

Regards,
Naveed Ali

@Naveed I am not adding “/” character. Quicksight its self creating the username with this format. its not allowing me to set the user name even its mentioned in register_user - Boto3 1.34.68 documentation. So, i have not added UserName parameter in Request, but QS itself created that with this character and format.

1 Like

Hi,

I think if any character in user name is not as per format as I mentioned It will create an issue.

Regards,
Naveed Ali

@Ganesh_Pasarkar ,

I believe your users are federating into QuickSight. The uniqueness for a user in QuickSight when federating using a specific role is of the format : iamrolename/sessionname

Kind regards,
Koushik

1 Like

@Koushik_Muthanna What is the solution to change the username and make it custom as per needs.

The format is iamrolename/sessionname . The session name would be the attribute from your identity provider that user is federating from. This could be the email address for eg. You could look into customizing those at your end.

1 Like