Users can subscribe to scheduled report, but email is not being sent

I have been trying to figure out why a scheduled report is not being sent.

The users want to subscribe to a dashboard and receive emails regularly. They are all READERS, and member of a specific user group. The dashboard is shared to a shared folder they have Viewer permission.
The dashboard is set up with a daily schedule, and I can see that the snapshot is being generated.

Other prereqs:
:white_check_mark: Enterprise edition
:white_check_mark: They are part of your Amazon QuickSight subscription.
:question: You already shared the dashboard with them.
:white_check_mark: They have completed sign-up process to activate their subscription as Amazon QuickSight readers, authors, or admins.
:white_check_mark: Amazon QuickSight can’t send scheduled emails to more than 5,000 members.

I have tried the following with no luck

1. Share the folder to the group. Users can subscribe, but no emails are received.
  2. Share the dashboard to the group. Users can subscribe, but no emails are received.

What finally worked for me:

1. Share the dashboard explicitly to each user. Users can subscribe, and emails are received.

Is the documentation incorrect, or am I missing something?

Some additional questions

How can I check if an email is sent or not?

How can I see which users are subscribing to a schedule?

Is there a way to get all current report schedules programmatically (or even just in Management console)?

What is the future roadmap for scheduled reporting, and which features are planned to be launched this year?

Hi @tormodk

I would look to raise a support ticket to get to the bottom of this / change the documentation.

Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.

In regards to your other questions:

Currently there are no apis related to scheduled emails. It’s a feature request that is out there.

Unfortunately you can only see what’s in the console for now.

I’ll make sure to mark this as a feature request.