Vertical Bar chart which shows quarterly or semi annual data

I want to implement Vertical bar chart where I need to select data either month wise or Quarter wise or semi Annual wise for a particular financial year
Could you please let me know how to implement the above scenario.

Hi @Praveen, you can use the truncDate function to achieve changing the granularity. You can see an example of this in Demo Central: Calculation - Switch Date Aggregation (click the blue analysis button on the left bar to see how the visuals have been built. This uses a calculated field called Datefield, which is a calculated using truncDate.
You could also try using the periodToDateSum function as demonstrated in Demo Central: Calcluation - Period Functions, in the Sales To Date field.

1 Like

Hi, @Praveen.

here is what you can do.

1. Create a string parameter called ‘Period’ and set ‘Month’ as the default value
  2. Create a calculated field ‘PeriodField’ like this:

Hi, @Praveen.

Here is what you can do:

1. create a string parameter “Period” with ‘Month’ as the default value
  2. Create a calculated field called “PeriodField” like this:

1. Use this field as the axis of the bar graph
  2. Make sure you edit the title and the bar graph to show ‘Period’ parameter as the value of the axis and in the title
  3. Add the parameter control to the sheet and edit it
  4. Add ‘Quarter’ and ‘Bi-Annual’ as values to the dropdown

It will look like this:

I am marking my reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

1 Like

Hi @gillepa , I’ve been trying to implement what you posted but not having an success with it. Can you please provide more guidance?