Visual keep loading without showing nothing when I add a measure?

Hi,

I have a dataset that has slightly more then 3M rows.

I created several measures in the analysis, when I add the last one created on the field wells of the table, the table keep charging (the blow three dots) without showing any data and at the very end it says “getting data for this visualization took too long”.

I read on this forum that when it is possibile it would be better to include the calculated field in the dataset, so I copied all the calculated fields in the dataset (I kept them also on the analysis enviornment), but it does not make any defference.
I also tried to filter on analysis (in the dataset it does not let me to) hoping that taking out some rows woul have helped the table to load, but nothing.

Just wondering if the LAC-W functions “eat” a lot of memory and if the number of the partitions and “the depth” of them do make any defference in terms of performance?
So for example I need the same avgNumber for all the rows: does it make any difference to partition by “Reports” which are only two instead of employees that are 3M?

Thank You in advance.

PS: I went on annual leave and I have been able to close an old topic just few days ago, apologies.

Hi @Davide

I don’t think adding partitions to these calculations will help / hurt. Having it do those calculations over 3M rows is probably the issue.

Can you bring any of that logic into SQL?

HI Max,

Yes you are right the computation over 3M rows made my dashboard really slow.

At the end I focused on a more aggregated pivot table rather than a detailed table.
I also included a simple filter based on a if statment that outputs 1 or 0 to ecxlude the data that I don’t need (I included only the ‘ones’).

Thank You.