Visual type

I have companies related data (Sample shown below):

Company Associated Industries
3001 International Government , Information Technology , Software
9wood Architecture , Manufacturing

There are hundreds of companies in the data set. I want to show metrics for number (or percentage) of companies associated with specific industries, like how many or what percentage of companies are associated with for instance, Software.

What would be a good visual to show this information. I was thinking Pie chart, but the default functionality does not work very well for this type of representation.

I would appreciate guidance.

The data fields should look like this:
Company -----------------Associated Industries
3001 International ------Government , Information Technology , Software
9wood --------------------Architecture , Manufacturing

Somehow spaces were collapsed in the original question

Hi,

You can use the vertical bar chart.

regards,
Naveed Ali

1 Like

Thanks Naveed for responding.
So, how would that work. Lets say, 10 companies out of 100 have the Keyword Software listed in the industries column, along with other keywords as shown in the example, would a vertical chart show 10 % companies associated with software industry?

Anyone else, please feel free to chime in. Thanks.

Hello @pbehrani, my apologies for the delayed response. I hope you were able to resolve this and find the proper display for your visuals but in case you are still having an issue I think Naveed is right and the bar chart will be the best use case.

You can even do a stacked percent bar chart where you would show the percentage of companies that are and are not associated with each industry. You could have 2 calculated fields:
For companies associated with the industry - distinctCountOver({company}, [{Associated Industry}], PRE_AGG)
Total companies - distinctCountOver({company}, [], PRE_AGG)

I suggested using distinctCountOver for both calculated fields so you can aggregate the 2 if necessary. To get the remaining companies not associated with the industry, you would want to subtract those associated from the total.

I hope this helps with your path moving forward. Thank you!

1 Like