Visualization

How can I visualize real time data in quicksight using S3? Also when i try to visualize the data, I am getting count of records instead of the actual value. Please let me know how to overcome this.

Hi @Nada

1. are you S3 data already real time?
  2. what datatyp is the field you are using?

BR

Yes, I am storing the mqtt payloads from aws iot core to s3. I have created an athena table and gave that as the data set for quicksight. Basically I need to plot distance v/s timestamp graph. But i am getting aggregate values instead of the actual distance. Is there any way i can plot that?

For real time data use direct query option in your dataset. And for show actual data instead of count. Add table visual and that filed in ‘‘Group by’’ instead of ‘‘value’’

@ali is there any option to get the line chart visual of the actual data? In my case it is a distance sensor, I wanted to plot distance for respective timestamp. The thing I did was used max/min aggregate of the distance for each timestamp. Is that a good approach?

Yes you can use line chart. If your timestamp is not repeating in your dataset it doesn’t matter what aggregation you are using for distance, it shows the actual record. But if same timestamp have two different values then you need to aggregate distance according to requirements.

Thanks! I was able to plot this way.

1 Like

Hi @Nada
if you could solve you issue, could you also solve te topic?
BR