VPC connection to Aurora RDS read replica

I have followed the steps in the guide to set up a secure connection between QuickSight and my RDS read replica but, short of making the DB totally accessible to all traffic, I can’t seem to make a secure connection work.

I’ve used the Reachability Analyzer which shows that the QuickSight network interface is able to connect to the database, I’ve even set up DNS resolver endpoints in case that would help, and whenever I try to restrict the source of traffic to the security group I have created and assigned to the VPC connection in QuickSight, I get a timeout issue.

Am I able to access a read replica endpoint from QuickSight or do I need to do something else in my setup to make it all work?

This sounds like an issue that we will need more information to dig into. Here are the steps to open a support case so that we can help you further: Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support. If your company has an internal IT team, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team. They’ll open an AWS Support case on your behalf.