We can’t send your scheduled dashboard report at this time because of an internal failure

Hello everyone,

I received the following message today when rolling out a new dashboard using row level security to send customized reports to individuals:

We can’t send your scheduled dashboard report at this time because of an internal failure. You can send the report directly to each subscriber instead.

When I use the test button it sends an email. Does anyone know what is causing this error or how to best diagnose?

Thanks!

@bquinonez - Can you please test it without RLS (Row Level Security) whether you are able to send test report via email or not. There are may be some restrictions when implementing RLS. For example if a data set if you used RLS, you can not use the data set as a child data set or derive data set in another data set.

Please check whether the issue is with RLS or as general.

Regards - San

I had that same error and it was due to an edge case. Do you have any dynamic defaults for your parameters?

Disabling RLS did not resolve the problem, I received the same email saying it was due to an internal failure. :frowning:

Yes, it is a highly customized report relying on certain thresholds specific to each user.

@bquinonez - Thanks. so RLS is not the problem. Can you please a ticket to AWS support team so that they can quickly see your environment and detect the issue. If you do not have privilege to raise the ticket, please request your AWS admin team to help you in this case.

Regards - San

1 Like

@bquinonez Following up on @Sanjeeb2022’s recommendation, here are the steps to open a support case: Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone! I bumped this up to our QuickSight admin to create a support case with AWS Support.

1 Like