What are the elements that consume Spice Capacity?

Hi,

I wanted to know what are all the elements that contribute to Spice memory usage. I pulled datasets info and found that they contribute only 2/3 of the total usage.
Example: For a total used SPICE capacity of 150 GB, datasets constitute only 100GB. No idea what is consuming the rest of 50GB. Having a hard time optimizing memory usage.

Thanks.

Hi @lillie @Prachi. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

Below is example of SPICE Usage : In my scenario I am using 55.2 GB of SPICE which is based on all of my datasets.

a few more details on what it means : amazon-quicksight-user-guide/managing-spice-capacity.md at main · awsdocs/amazon-quicksight-user-guide · GitHub

I assume from your example, you still have 50GB of SPICE capacity available.

Kind Regards,
Koushik

Hi,
I pulled the ConsumedSpiceCapacity of all the datasets and it adds up to only 100 GB while my Spice Usage is still 150GB. So, I do not have 50GB available, rather I do not know what is using this 50GB. Were you able to actually check how much does the ConsumedSpiceCapacity of your datasets add up to? I am pretty sure they do not constitute all of that 55.2 GB, might be way less than that.

hi @gokhulmg , did you manage to find out what is consuming the extra spice usage? I have a similar issue that the total ConsumedSpiceCapacity is only 40% of the one shown in ‘Spice Usage’

Hi @gokhulmg , @angelosc ,

I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!