Why cant I publish an analysis to replace existing dashboard?

I am an admin in IAM on our AWS account, as well as an admin on QuickSights.

However, when I go to an analysis (that I did not make) and click Share > Publish Dashboard, the resulting modal lets me publish as a new dashboard, but not to replace an existing dashboard.

This means I can’t update existing dashboards, which I need to be able to do. What further permissions am I missing?

You need to be added as a co-owner of the dashboard as well.

1 Like

@darcoli I have the same problem but I’m also a coowner

Same here, being a co-owner I an unable to replace an existing Dashboard from the Analysis it first originated from

Hi , figured the issue- one needs to be the owner/co-owner of the dashboard as well to be able to replace the existing dashboard.

1 Like

Hey! I am having the same issue. I am the admin/owner of the dashboard that I published. I made some. changes on the analysis and I want to publish it again to update the changes on the dashboard. Unfortunately, I am getting this error: “We couldn’t publish this
Something went wrong during publishing. Check your internet connection and that you are correctly logged into QuickSight.”

I have tried everything to make this work and I do not want to republish it on another dashboard because my client has already complained that the URLs keep changing.

How can I fix this?