Why do we need to re share dashboards?

Hi

We embed our dashboards to an AWS feature called Dataall (previous Datahub).

We’ve seen that people within the organisation lose access to some dashboards sporadically hence we need to re share again otherwise they won’t see the visual.

The question is, what are the reasons why people lose access to embeded dashboards? Is this due to a dashboard newer version or something else causing this?

Thanks.

Hi @Muciarone - Have you pinpointed when those users lose access? Is it right after a new version of a dashboard is published? Is it consistent with all users, or only a subset is affected?

1 Like

I am not sure hence looking for some opinions.

Some subset of users are losing access to dashboards that has RLS implemented.

I have created new RLS groups in a csv sheet and re uploaded in s3 and refreshed spicy, I wonder if this is the cause of the issue or could be new version of a published dashboard?

Since the dashboard is embeded I wonder if when a new version of a dashboard is published it creates some sort of new id or something?

We had few situations of two different dashboards that has RLS and people informed us they lost access.

1 Like

This sounds worrying. Unfortunately I can’t help much more in this forum.

I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thank you very much anyway for trying to help.

It seems that someone toggled off the "Everyone in this account " option when we share dashboards.

Found in cloud trail that someone is been toggle on and off that option causing people to lose access.

Not sure exactly if this was the root cause but seems to be.

Once again appreciate your efforts.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your solution @Muciarone!

2 Likes