Why is Y axis defaulting to 0M

I have want to visual a graph where the Y axis values range from 0.0001 to 75. I have 2 questions:

1. Why is the Y axis defaulting to “0M”. I have tried changing the scaling, range etc.
  2. Any value less than 0.001 is being considered as 0, is there a way to display more decimal points

Hi @Prathik - Are you loading the data in SPICE? Right now SPICE supports a DECIMAL(18,4) which means precision after the decimal point is up to 4 digits. After that QS will round the number. In your case values lower than 0.001 are rounded to 0.

The QuickSight Team is working on a new feature which will allow support of DOUBLE() with more precision after the decimal point. GA of that feature is expected in the next couple months.

Edit: As a workaround you can try the solution @Sanjeeb2022 recommended or create a calculated field and use a dummy power to cast the DECIMAL to DOUBLE e.g. column ^ 1.

1 Like

Hi @Prathik - You may need to multiply by 1000 and plot the graph properly until the feature request will be GA. Thanks @eperts for the details.

Regards - Sanjeeb