Working with threshold alerts on Tables and Pivots in Amazon QuickSight

Hi Team,

I am trying to set an alert on Pivot cell. But not able to configure the alerts on table and Pivot cells.

https://community.amazonquicksight.com/t/create-threshold-alerts-on-tables-and-pivot-tables-in-amazon-quicksight/11865

As mentioned, this feature is not working as expected in the enterprise edition. Please help us to
understanding the reason behind on this.

Hello Priya,

What kind of backend is the dataset? is it excel or csv ? if yes, then may be its already spiced and thats the reason why its not working since you would need to have the data refreshed to have the alert triggered.

Note : File based data set cannot be refreshed since file/data never change once its uploaded.

When you create an alert, QuickSight checks your data for any breaches against the thresholds you set based on when your dataset is scheduled to refresh. The information presented in the alert varies based on the visual type that you’re creating an alert for. For SPICE datasets, alert rules are checked after a successful refresh of your SPICE dataset. For direct query datasets, alert rules are checked at a random time between 6:00 PM and 8:00 AM in the AWS Region that holds the dataset by default.

fore more info - Working with threshold alerts in Amazon QuickSight - Amazon QuickSight

hope this helps.
cheers,
Deep

1 Like

Hi Deep,

I am not using any file based data here, its redshift table data.

I am not able to see options on right clicking the cell to set an alarm.

Hello Priya,

Are you the QuickSight Admin within your Org ? if not may be check with the QS admin in your organisation.

Alert Permissions

If you’re an administrator, you can control who in your organization can set threshold alerts in QuickSight by creating a custom permissions policy. To set custom permissions in QuickSight, choose your user name at the upper-right corner of any QuickSight page, choose Manage QuickSight, and then choose Manage permissions.

Let me know if this has been restricted for your user. As an Admin i guess you should be able to create the alert anyway.

Cheers,
Deep

1 Like

Deep,

I have all the permission to set the alerts. Even I had set up on alert on KPI. But my question here is how to set the alert on table or pivot.

Hello Priya,

This sounds strange to me , you should be able to right click or just click the cell within the table or pivot and get the create alert as shown below

Other way is the create alert from the top bar which may prompt you to choose the visuals such as KPIs or table /pivot and eventually the cell.

did you try both way ?

Thanks for checking.

Cheers,
Deep

1 Like

Hey Deep,

Thanks for the details.

Please help me understanding the issue here. The pic -1, I can set the alert where in Pic 2 the pivot does not have any option to set the alert!!!
Pic-1

Pic-2

Hello Priya,

I am not sure what all are the measure fields in the second screenshots. Nevertheless, you may check with the AWS support by opening a ticket Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support.

The engineer should be able to assist you.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Deep

1 Like