World cloud using long sentences

Hi,

I have a feedback data where long statements are provided. When I pass this value in a variable to form a word cloud, it builds a statement cloud than a word cloud. How do I make the word cloud.
Sample data:

The way my management treats my opinion matters. My managers are in reach when ever I foresee an Issue.
The work culture and the understanding nature
The work environment and the role of Management is very Nice
The work place, ethics , discipline and mainly friendly nature
The workplace is always positive and convenient to work
This company is very nice and excellent environment
Thoughtful leaders, opportunity to try new things and scope of learning, growth opportunity, people friendly

Hi Kumar - this will need some more data preparation to split each word into its own value/row. Theoretically you would need to split this column on each ‘space’, and then unpivot those columns into a single column (with multiple rows). Should be able to accomplish this using AWS Glue DataBrew.

Thanks @Jesse . I was hoping if there is a straightforward way to get this. But, this is helpful. Thanks so much!

Hi @Jesse, help with the route to what you just mentioned here. Also, doing this would cause inconsistency (duplicity of rows) with the other the data rows which we are implementing, right?

Correct it would duplicate the values across those new rows when you unpivot columns. You can de-duplicate the numerical values using our Level Aware Aggregation functions (LAAs), like minOver(some value field, [unique id field], PRE_AGG) which will only count the values once.

To align with the customer obsession LP, I would like to propose that the QuickSight team places a heightened focus on refining the user experience of the word cloud component. It appears that the current functionality of the “word” cloud necessitates the manual segmentation of phrases into individual “words”. It would be a valuable enhancement if the word cloud could autonomously handle these tasks without requiring users to perform manual data preparation.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could spare some time to explore the user-friendliness of this feature in comparison to other BI tools. For reference, you can examine the ease of achieving this functionality in alternative BI tools by referring to the following resource:
https://www.sqlshack.com/how-to-create-a-word-cloud-generator-in-power-bi-desktop/
Thanks in advance

Hi @faridz - agree this would be a nice enhancement to the Word Cloud visual type. I have updated the tag on this post to include it as a Feature Request.