X-Axis groups of different time periods?

Hi All,

I’ve been asked by someone in my organisation to replicate a graph in quicksight that used to be created manually every quarter. However I wanted to check whether this was even possible.

The part that is really throwing me is the x-axis. A full year, then a quarter for the previous year, then the same quarter for this year. Is that possible?

I’ve done some experimentation but not even been able to get close so figured I would ask the experts and see if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
F

1 Like

Hello @Fred1, welcome to the QuickSight community!

In regards to your desired result, building it entirely from the analysis view with calculated fields would not get you to this visual. What you would need to do is building a column in custom SQL like date period types and use where clauses to return data as a Full Year or Quarterly depending on the string value in your column. Then you could return groups based on those values and through the where clauses, ensure that only data from those periods would be returned. That is likely the best way to achieve this. Let me know if that helps!