Zoom and pan by selecting data within the chart

Hi guys,
I’m new to QuickSight, so mine could be an already asked question I didn’t find an answer.

I’m creating my first dashboard that plot thousand of points. I already created all the filters on the x axis successfully, but I would like to know if there is a way to zoom in by selecting an area within the chart and, eventually, scroll the chart with a kind of pan

Thanks
Enrico

Hi,
Zoom and Pan is supported in most of the visualizations. Can you please specify the type of visualization you are using? If you are using map visual, please see below the link specifying ways to zoom, pan and reset (zoom to data) options.

In case you are using axis based visual like Line, Bar, Area or Boxplot type of visuals, you can zoom and pan using the primary axis. Please see below the Image on how to use axis based zoom options.
Zoom_pan_on_Axis

I’m using line charts, and I’m trying to use the primary axis the way you tell me, but once I reduce the size of the bar (thus zooming in) I cannot move it (pan) without make it smaller. Curson on top of the bar is always a double-arrow (resize) instead of a four-arrow (pan)

Am I doing something wrong? I’m using Chrome as browser

Thanks
Enrico

Can you try moving even with double arrow cursor? Let me know if you are able to move.

Yes I did, but instead of a pan effect on the chart, the size of bar keep on decrease and zooming in. I never saw the cross arrow cursor

HI Enrico,

As Rushab mentioned you should be able to move the double arrow cursor by pointing right on the middle, as demonstrated in the gif above. If that is not the effect you are seeing, please open a support ticket and our support engineers will be able to help you resolve your concern.

1 Like

Hi, @egobbo. In case you need them, here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able