Alert on calculated field

I want to create alerts on two calculated fields, one is using the ifelse function and another one is using period over period difference function. But the field using period over period difference function doesn’t have a create alert button when I choose this field under alert creation.

Does anyone know how can I have email alert if I want to using the threshold on the period over period difference function? Thanks.

Hello Krystal,

Welcome to the QS community.
I think ‘alert’ on period over period diff function does not work at the moment. there was similar question raised in the past. see - Alerts for Calculated Fields

See some limitation from the document -
You can’t create alerts for visuals in an embedded dashboard or from the QuickSight mobile app.

For table visuals, threshold alerts can’t be created for values that are located in the Group by field well. Alerts can only be created for values that are located in the Value field well.

KPI visuals that don’t use a date-time field as a trend don’t support alerts. An example is a KPI that shows the difference in flights between carriers X and Y instead of a KPI that shows the difference in flights between dates A and B.
For more info refer - Working with threshold alerts in Amazon QuickSight - Amazon QuickSight

Nevertheless, At AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a
better service. Since this functionality is not currently available, I will tag this as a feature request.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Deep

Hello Deep, thank you for your response on Krystal’s question.

I have a similar scenario. My stakeholder is trying to set Alert on a calculated field in a Pivot Table visual (for one of the rows) and is not able to do so. Formula used: countIf({engagement_id}, {completed_eng_flag}=1 AND isNull({sim_url})). Alerting is being allowed for the fields directly coming from dataset.

May I know if countIf is also one of the functions that cannot have alerts set on? Is there a list of functions that I can refer which doesn’t have alert functionality available at the moment? Thank you.