Behaviour of multiselect parameter

Hi all,

First of all, happy new year everyone!

I am making an analysis with a multiselect parameters in combination with calculated fields. However, I am somewhat puzzled by the behaviour of the parameter.
As an example:
First, I created a multiselect parameter Par1 that can have values p1, p2, p3, p4. Then, I create a calculated field: ifelse(in(c1, ${Par1}),0,1). So basically, if the value in field c1 is selected in the parameter it should set the calculated field to 0 and otherwise to 1.

This works if I select some values in the parameter control. However, if I click the select all button in the control, every value becomes 1 (while it should be 0). On the other hand, if I than deselect a value in the control and reselect it that value (so all values are selected now), the calculated field works like a charm.

My theory is that the parameter returns a list if I select all the values manually and it returns something different if I click on select all.

Is this the case? And if so, can it be fixed so that the output of the parameter is consistent regardless how I select the values?

I have read some other Q&A on this forum like: How to use Multiple Values Parameter in Calculated Field and Controls and Multi value parameter controls supporting only equals and not equals. However, this doesn’t really answer my question.

Thanks in advance!

RemcoC

@RemcoC, thank you for sharing your feedback for this specific use case scenario. I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!