Can I achieve row level security with filtres?

I don’t have access to admin access for QuickSight datasets and even I am getting error “can’t create more than 3 child datasets”.

Can you help me if row level security can be achieved by filtres or any approach??

Hi,

You can apply the filter but this will act as globally not for the specific user.
or you will can create multiple dashboards if you have only 1/2 group of users.
Share the relevant dashboard to user. :slight_smile:

But this is short term not the long term solution or good solution :slight_smile:

regards,
Naveed Ali

2 Likes

The message that you’re getting isn’t related to row-level security. That’s the message that you get when you try to create a new dataset by joining existing datasets. You can’t have more than 3 levels.

Amazon QuickSight supports creating up to two additional levels of datasets from a single dataset.

For example, from a parent dataset, you can create a child dataset and then a grandchild dataset for a total of three dataset levels.
Creating a dataset using an existing dataset in Amazon QuickSight - Amazon QuickSight

Can you clarify what you’re trying to do? Are you trying to apply row-level security to an existing dataset or are you trying to create a new dataset?

1 Like

Yeah @David_Wong I want to create a dashboard by merging 3 existing datasets which I have only viewer permissions.Thus I applied individually row level security for individual duplicating dataset and tried to merge datasets.But, I am not able to merge duplicated datasets as I am getting error "you can’t create more than 3 child dataset.What should be better approach for these usecase?

@nitishpala,

In this scenario, reach out to the owner of the dataset and request for a new dataset to be created which is combination of those 3 datasets. When you create a child dataset with a filter applied , then the child dataset will display only those records.

Kind regards,
Koushik