Can I transfer ownership of a dataset/analysis/dashboard?

Is it possible to change the primary owner of a dashboard and the associated analysis and data sets? I know that I can share these items and designate a user as a co-owner, but I am hoping for a complete transfer with all owner rights granted.

Hi,

There is no primary or secondary owner of an asset. A co-owner has same permissions as original creator of the dashboard and other assets. Are you trying to remove access for original creator of the assets?

I guess you could just remove yourself from the dashboard using the QuickSight API (CLI) once you’ve made someone else owner.

Removing access isn’t necessarily a requirement, I am trying to plan for a team member that has accepted an internal transfer so their dashboards don’t have an interruption of service

Hi Aaron,

In this case making the new person co-owner of the assets should suffice. If this new owner is going to modify that connected datasets, make sure to make this person owner of connected datasets as well.

Thanks
-Mayank

Hi - i came across this (question) and it is relevant to what I wanted to ask…
as this is a 2 years old thread, I believe the interface in Quicksight may have changed too.

in the current view/interface of Quicksight, I am the creator of dataset (created using SQL), used the dataset to built Analysis and eventually published it as a Dashboard.

I am leaving the company and I would like to give full access to someone in the company. I would like the new person to be able to access the dataset and edit it as well. where should I click to ensure i give complete control and access?

Hi, QuickSight do provide option in admin console to transfer asset ownership to another user directly. So an admin can seamlessly transfer assets (dashboards, datasets, analysis, data sources) owned by that user, before removing user from QuickSight account subscription. It is explained in this QuickSight documentation link.