Canada Filled Map - ambiguous geocoding

Hi all,

I have a working Canadian geo-map last week, but somehow it keeps erroring out starting this week.

It’s telling me my postal code geocoding is ambiguous but I don’t know why it’s complaining. Here’s my geocode mapping:

Any help is appreciated!

Hello @achao , welcome to the Quicksight community!

Has anything changed about your underlying dataset in the past week? My first thought is that it could be something to do with how the hierarchy of the data is set up so Quicksight couldn’t understand the data.

If nothing has changed with your data I would also suggest potentially making a AWS support ticket for this issue because similar issues have happened in the past.

Thanks for the help @duncan.

There’s no changes to my dataset and in fact it’s an excel file import. Since I couldn’t resolve the ambiguity with Canadian postal codes. I switched to Longitude & Latitude and temporarily resolved the issue.

Also, interestingly, when I import my location file as excel xlsx file, my longitude & latitude fields are scaled down to 1/1000 after joining tables. I had to re-import my location file as csv to resolve it.

Either way, I will create a support ticket to follow up. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hey @achao !

No problem, please free to post back here when you hear back from AWS support with a solution!