I’m having an issue with an Athena table. If I try to import the Athena datasource into SPICE as is, without adding any calculated field or doing any changes, I immediately get an email saying the refresh failed. If I look into the QuickSight console I can see the following error:
If I use direct query it works ok, but when I add a calculated field I receive the following error when I try to use the calculated field in an Analyses:
A general SQL error occurred. This error can be caused by query timeouts, resource constraints, unexpected data definition language (DDL) changes before or during a query, and other database errors. Check your database settings and your query, and try again.
On details, I can only see this:
During the dataset preview when I add the calculated fields they seemed to be calculated fine, the data shown on the preview table looks good but then when I use the calculated field on the Analyses it fails.
I’m not sure if this is the same error or two separate ones.