Create filter for a visual from one dataset that only shows the relevant values based off of a filter from another dataset

I’m sorry if this has already been asked somewhere, but I have been trying to figure this out for the longest time and it is driving me crazy. I want to do something that I think should be relatively simple, but cannot find a solution (that actually works) anywhere. Basically, I am setting up a dashboard that has two datasets. For the first dataset, I have multiple filters, many of which are set up to only show relevant values based off of what’s chosen in other filters. Now, I have visuals for the second dataset that I would like to set up a filter for, but I want the filter to only show relevant values based off of what’s chosen in one of the filters from the first dataset. Many of the fields in both datasets are the same. Actually, every single filter that I’ve already set up for the first dataset is for fields that are present in both datasets - and the filter that I am trying to set up for the second dataset is for a field that is also in the first. At first glance, this should be a pretty simple fix, but I have searched for hours for a solution but can’t find anything that works. Please help.

I don’t believe you can show and control relevant values across datasets. You would need to join the datasets together