CSV as attachments for paginated reports

@QuickSight, are there any plans to add the ability to include CSV file attachments in paginated reports emails? Currently we’re only allowed to attach the PDF.

Possibly. Can you please reach out to the PM (@Rahul_Easwar) directly and share your use case.

Cheers Grant

1 Like

Hi @Rahul_Easwar , we have a process where we’d like to automate the ingestion of CSVs generated from QuickSight. When I read about paginated reports, I thought this was the solution, but then discovered CSVs could not be included as attachments. Is this capability something you’re considering, or on a roadmap? Thanks!

Hi Nate,

I thougth the same and discovered, that I could only attach pdf files.

I have the suspicion, that we have to purchase the Paginated Report add-on in the subscription menu, to attach csv files.

Did you get the add-on?

Hey @thomask - yes, we did purchase the add-on. The only option is to save the CSV to the paginated report history. There is no option to attach the CSV.

Hi Nate,

The ability to attach CSV files in the email is currently not available, but something that will be considered.

Emails currently have a max attachment size of 10MB. Are the CSV files that you are generating via the schedule less than that? This was one of the main reasons it wasn’t made available in the initial release.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Rahul_Easwar - thank you for getting back to me. Yes, the CSVs that we’d like to attach are smaller than 10MB.

Hi @Nate, at AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a better service, thanks for the information you provided!

Good news! You can now attach CSV to scheduled emails. Please see more information here [Scheduling and sending reports by email - Amazon QuickSight].