Data Column

Hi ,
I am currently , working with a data set on quick sight which is a direct query . I am trying to create a visuals but it keeps telling me that getting the data takes too long so is either I use it in custom query . This only occurs when I am try to work with a particular column for my visuals . Could you assists me with this .
Thanks

Hello @Adjo, it sounds like you are running into a limitation with utilizing direct query. Is there a reason you are choosing to use that over SPICE? If your query is pulling in too much data or your SQL query used for your dataset is complicated, then it may take too long to query the data on load. It may be worth switching to SPICE and running incremental refreshes instead. I’ll link some documentation below:

Hello @Adjo, did my above response help guide you towards a solution? If not, please let me know what follow-up questions or details you want to provide about the issue you are facing and I can guide you further. If we do not hear back from you in 3 days, I will archive this topic. Thank you!

Hello @Adjo, since we have not heard back from you, I will archive this topic. If you still need assistance with this issue, please post a new question in the community and link this topic to provide relevant information. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!