Date filters passed through all pages of dashboard?

I am building a dashboard with multiple report pages and would like one date filter on the home page pass through to my other report pages. I want to leverage one relative date filter because that is what my clients prefer vs the two separate start date and end date filters. Currently i have two pages in this report and the second page is a simple detail page for user to navigate to through the home page navigation actions i have set up. The view i am setting my navigation action up for does not contain a date field, but the page itself is filtered to a specific time range. I would like to be able to make my selection in the view which is already passing the parameters through for that view, but to also pass through the date range. Instead, i am only passing through the fields selected in the y axis and group/color field wells of my bar chart.

View i am passing params through for:

I tried showing how i had my actions set up, but since i am a new user i can only embed one media item… basically, i have the actions set up for the group and ride counts in the view above.

Long question short, how can i pass the date range through to the other page while still being able to leverage the relative date filter?

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

So if I’m understanding correctly, you already have a date filter as a date range but it’s not exposed to users as a control. You want to give users an additional relative date filter which applies to both sheets.

Create an integer parameter like this and give it a default value:

Add a filter on your date field, selecting “Relative dates” and “Last N {period}”, e.g. Last N years. Select “Use parameters” and the parameter that you created above.

Add a control for your parameter:

Go to your second sheet, add a date filter and link it to the same parameter. When you change the value of N on the first sheet, it will now also apply to your second sheet.

Hello @Eli - Welcome to the community. As @David_Wong mentioned the only way to achieve this is to utilize parameters. There’s already a Resolved Thread on similar problem. Please feel free to go through that. Hope this helps!

Hi @Eli

Hope solution provided by David & Sagmuke works ? I am marking the reply as “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved.

Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight CommunityQ&A Forum!