Do the new dashboard and analysis definitions work fully yet?

I have an analysis, I retrieve the definition using DescribeAnalysisDefinition

I then try to create a new analysis using the definition - CreateAnalysis

I get multiple validation errors about nulls in the json, for example there are multiple places in the json where the FieldId is null in a ColorMap in the VisualPalette for a bar chart ( example below )

I am using the latest stable version for the Quicksight SDK in Nuget in c# ( 3.7.102.7 )

This happens with dashboard definitions also - surely I should be able to create from the json definitions - otherwise whats the point of them - is this a known issue or am I missing something in what I am doing ?

Thanks

"VisualPalette": {
							"ChartColor": "#2A5D78",
							"ColorMap": [
								{
									"Color": "#9FDEF1",
									"Element": {
										"FieldId": null,
										"FieldValue": "NON-PO"
									},
									"TimeGranularity": null
								},

Nuget package version should read v3.7.102.17

Thank you for sharing.

I have not found any known listed issues with 3.7.102.17 that would account for the errors you’ve described.

Are you able to recreate the issue with the prior version, 3.7.102.16 ?

HI Rob

Thanks for swift reply - I just tried with 3.7.102.16 and it gives the same behavior

The Field ID is a required field

Your post includes a snippet with that field valued as null.
Can you please provide the validation error messages you’re receiving ?

If you were to create a copy of the definition with the bar chart in question removed, are you receiving the same validation messages ?

I will try to see if I can remove the bar charts - but I think there are quite many of them

This is the message text:

10 validation errors detected: Value null at ‘definition.sheets.1.member.visuals.1.member.barChartVisual.chartConfiguration.visualPalette.colorMap.1.member.element.fieldId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.sheets.1.member.visuals.1.member.barChartVisual.chartConfiguration.visualPalette.colorMap.2.member.element.fieldId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.sheets.2.member.visuals.1.member.barChartVisual.chartConfiguration.visualPalette.colorMap.1.member.element.fieldId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.sheets.2.member.visuals.1.member.barChartVisual.chartConfiguration.visualPalette.colorMap.2.member.element.fieldId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.sheets.2.member.visuals.3.member.barChartVisual.chartConfiguration.visualPalette.colorMap.1.member.element.fieldId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.sheets.2.member.visuals.3.member.barChartVisual.chartConfiguration.visualPalette.colorMap.2.member.element.fieldId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.sheets.2.member.visuals.4.member.barChartVisual.chartConfiguration.visualPalette.colorMap.1.member.element.fieldId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.sheets.2.member.visuals.4.member.barChartVisual.chartConfiguration.visualPalette.colorMap.2.member.element.fieldId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.sheets.2.member.visuals.7.member.barChartVisual.chartConfiguration.visualPalette.colorMap.1.member.element.fieldId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.sheets.2.member.visuals.7.member.barChartVisual.chartConfiguration.visualPalette.colorMap.2.member.element.fieldId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null

I removed the bar charts

Still more nulls when I try to use the definition

10 validation errors detected: Value null at ‘definition.sheets.2.member.filterControls.1.member.dateTimePicker.sourceFilterId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.sheets.3.member.filterControls.1.member.dateTimePicker.sourceFilterId’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value ‘0’ at ‘definition.sheets.4.member.visuals.3.member.pivotTableVisual.chartConfiguration.tableOptions.columnHeaderStyle.height’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must have value greater than or equal to 8; Value ‘0’ at ‘definition.sheets.4.member.visuals.3.member.pivotTableVisual.chartConfiguration.tableOptions.cellStyle.height’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must have value greater than or equal to 8; Value null at ‘definition.calculatedFields.1.member.dataSetIdentifier’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.calculatedFields.2.member.dataSetIdentifier’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.calculatedFields.3.member.dataSetIdentifier’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.calculatedFields.4.member.dataSetIdentifier’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.calculatedFields.5.member.dataSetIdentifier’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null; Value null at ‘definition.calculatedFields.6.member.dataSetIdentifier’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null

acknowledging that I’ve received your response.

Can you share more detail/snippets of your CreateAnalysis

it appears you have a number of elements that are either null or not an expected value

Hi - the analysis is working : surely Quicksight should be able to work with whatever is the live definition

The only thing I notice is that the bar charts have custom colors for the bars based on the data value ( eg “late” or “on time” - not based just on the Field Id

I will be away for 2 weeks holidays now : will look further when I return

Thanks for the help