I am trying to set up threshold based alerts for few fields in a dashboard. Could you please advice about these items -
- Is it possible to alert multiple users at the same time using the alerts on dashboards?
- Is it possible to create tickets when there is a failure?
Thank you for your questions and reaching out community. To your questions -
No Not at the moment, Its only possible to set threshold alerts to yourself. (self accessing the dashboard). It has been already marked as feature request.
No i do not think there are any native functionality that supports ticketing. May be possible using 3rd party application but i am not aware of. by the way, when you say failure, what do you mean ? data missmatch or no data or alert failure ?
More info on alter failure - Working with threshold alerts in Amazon QuickSight - Amazon QuickSight
Hope this helps.
Thanks for these inputs - very helpful!
I am looking for ticketing when there is an alert failure, also for no data. Please let me know if it’s possible to cut tickets from QuickSight analyses/dashboard.
I like i shared with your before covers your need.
When an alert fails, QuickSight sends you an email notification about the failure. Alerts can fail for many reasons, including the following:
- The dataset the alert is using was deleted.
- The owner of the alert lost permissions to the dataset or to certain rows or columns in the dataset.
- The owner of the alert lost access to the dashboard.
- There is no data for the data tracked by the alert
On the other hand, possibility to cut tickets via QS, analysis/Dashboard seems not available natively, keep an eye on QS community, may be if there are any workaround or solutions, you may get the reference.
Thanks for the inputs @Deep - very helpful!