Errors opening calculated field for editing and trying to save as analysis

In the last ten days I’ve started frequently getting this error when opening an existing calculated field:

There was an errror loading the calculated field to edit. Please try again.

Often it will take two or three tries before the calculated field edit pane opens and it works as expected.

At the same time we’re suddenly unable to save an Analysis as a new name. Every time we try we get the error:

An error occurred. Please try again.

After each of these attempts a new analysis is created with the saved as name despite the error. However, these analyses copies are broken in different ways… sometimes missing filters or with charts missing fields in the field well. etc.

I’m trying to determine if this is an issue with my account, the Quicksight server infrastructure or something else. I have 90GB available SPICE storage.
Ideas?

Hello @aswilson,

Thank you for letting us know. I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.

Hope this helps!