Geospatial values are corrupt in analysis

HI - I am trying to get a map to work via geospatial data but it’s not working. I have made maps many times before without issue but this time it’s really weird.

My data set shows the longitude and latitude fields correctly.

However, when I build an analysis from the dataset the values are corrupt and showing as numbers with two decimal points. This screenshot shows how the coordinates are being mutated into this number format.
Screen Shot 2023-09-24 at 9.47.53 PM

Curious why this is happening.

Hi @adamoconnor - Welcome to AWS QuickSight community and thanks for posting the question. Can you please verify the data in the data set page and see the data types before doing the analaysis?

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Hi - the data types have been assigned as spatial data on the data set. However, when used in an analysis, they are mutating to something else.

Here is a screenshot of the data in the dataset after converting it to spatial data.

Screen Shot 2023-09-24 at 9.47.39 PM

Hi @adamoconnor - This is strange. Is it possible to raise a ticket to AWS Customer support team for the same. To raise a ticket, please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support

Hi @duncan @David_Wong @DylanM - Any advise on this?

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Hi @adamoconnor,

Can you exclude the 5th row in your screenshot and see if it makes any difference? I can’t tell if it’s QuickSight that’s displaying the value like that or if it’s actually in that format in your dataset.

4 Likes

I also had this problem, it seems as if the data is getting divided by 1000 for some reason. There’s a work around outlined here, creating additional fields in the datasource where you multiple the lat/long columns by 1000. Quicksight dividing latitude and longitude values by 1000

2 Likes

Thank you for following up with this work-around @mba, and welcome to the QuickSight Community!