This question is related to this other one, but adds another layer of complexity. Please see the related link since I have omitted information like passing the parameter via URL.
I am going to use the same example as @Nate:
Let’s imagine that TeamId=2 has visibility over TeamId=1, so the filters would look like:
TeamId=1 → Alice, Ben, Chris
TeamId=2 → Alice, Ben, Chris, Dave, Eve, Fran
How could I achieve this? I have replicated @Nate’s solution, but it only achieves the equality condition, not the less or equal condition. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your time!
One way to achieve this might be to create a new dataset just to be used in the control options.
The dataset will look something like this
You basically will have to duplicate team 1 and add all of the members again to the dataset with team id = 2 since team 1 is being overseen by team 2. This is will need to be repeated for every team overseeing case via SQL. Then you can follow the same steps from the original post
Thanks @mukilan! Possibly it is not the most efficient way to solve the problem, but definitively your answer solves it!
I will keep the thread open for more suggestions since I would prefer a solution without duplicating that much data. In my case I have the equivalent to 6 teams, with the lower team (the one who every other team has access) the biggest one.
The following is an alternative example I built that uses a parameter with a control and a filter for the TeamID measure:
Firstly, I created a parameter pHierarchyFilter as follows:
Then I created a control for the parameter called cHierarchyFilter as follows:
and moved the control to the sheet.
Then I added a table visual listing only the TeamMember names:
The final step is to add a filter for the table visual as follows:
This should result in a sheet that resembles the following, with team Level = 1:
and with team Level = 2:
Let me know if this approach works in your scenario.
Hi Andrew! Thanks a lot for replying and taking your time. However your answer does not solve the problem I am facing.
TeamMember names should be located in the control section as a filter or as a parameter so the user could interact with it and use it as a filter, not as a visual table.
If you can achieve the same result you provided as a filter instead of a visual table, that could solve the issue.