How to customize the KPI cards

Hi Team,

I’ve created a KPI card in my Dashboard which is showing the “No. of Customers” for latest month (i.e. Nov-2023), previous month (i.e. Oct-2023) and the MoM comparison (i.e. Nov-2023 vs Oct-2023).

I want to

1. modify this KPI card to show the data for latest month (i.e. Nov-2023), the same month in previous year (i.e. Nov-2022) and the YoY comparison (Nov-2023 vs Nov-2022). How can I do this?
  2. show the Nov-2022 data on the top-left corner of the KPI card (instead of top-right corner) and the Nov-2023 data on the top-right corner of the KPI card (instead of top-left corner). Please let me know how can I achieve this?

Regards,
Chabbil

Hello Chabbils,

Have you tried bringing the trend group by Year and then formatting the kpi ?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Deep

Hi @Deep , I want to get a comparison of Nov-2022 vs Nov-2023 (not the yearly comparison of 2022 vs 2023). Hope it’s clear now.

Hello Chabbils,

Sorry for misunderstanding, i guess comparison on same month prior year may be not straight forward. However, there would some tricks to achieve it.

Could you check this https://democentral.learnquicksight.online/#Dashboard-TipsAndTricks-Calculation-Year-over-Year-KPI and let us know if it helps.

May be this old post could be helpful as well -Need help to replicate Year over Year - when KPI is a calculated field - #4 by Ying_Wang

Thank you.

cheers,
Deep

Hi @Deep, I am still not able to implement what I want using the links you shared above. My use-case is slightly different. Please check if you can help me in any way.

Actually I’ve two different tabs in my dashboard. One for Monthly data and other for Quarterly data. Both the tabs have KPI cards as shown below. Currently the KPIs are showing MoM/QoQ comparison BUT i want to implement YoY comparison (i.e. Jan-2024 vs Jan-2023 and Q4-2023 vs Q4-2022) in both the tabs. Based on the reporting date selected, it should compare the most recent month/quarter with the same month/quarter in the previous year. Hope my ask is clear now :slight_smile:

Hi @Ying_Wang, it’ll be good if you can also take a look at it and help me in any way.

@Deep @Naveed @DylanM @Ying_Wang - can you please look into this and let me know if you can help me?