How to hide field in filter?

Hello guys!

I have a calculaded field that I did by switch command, such as:

switch(screen,
‘one’, 1,
‘two’, 2,
‘not identified’
)

So, I need to use this field on filter, but I don´t want to show the value ‘not identified’.
How to hid this?

Thanks

@July Thanks for your question. If you don’t get a reply soon from one of our community members, we’ll reach out to one of our internal experts on Tuesday to see if we can get a reply for you.

Hope you had a great weekend!

1 Like

Hi @July Try this and let us know if it helps.

To hide the value ‘not identified’ in the filter using a calculated field in Amazon QuickSight, you can create a second calculated field that excludes this value. Here’s an example of how you can achieve this:

1. Go to your Amazon QuickSight analysis.
  2. Click on the “Fields” pane on the left-hand side.
  3. Under the “Fields” pane, click on the “Create Calculated Field” button.
  4. In the formula editor that appears, enter the following formula:

ifelse(screen = ‘not identified’, null, screen)

This formula uses the ifelse function to check if the value of the “screen” field is ‘not identified’. If it is, it returns null; otherwise, it returns the value of the “screen” field.

1. Provide a name for the calculated field (e.g., “FilteredScreen”).
  2. Click on the “Create” button to create the calculated field.

Now that you have created the calculated field, you can use it in your filter without displaying the ‘not identified’ value:

1. Add a visual to your analysis, such as a table or a chart.
  2. Add the “FilteredScreen” calculated field to the filter pane.
  3. Configure the filter to include the desired values but exclude the ‘not identified’ value.

By using the “FilteredScreen” calculated field in the filter, you will effectively hide the ‘not identified’ value from the filter options and only display the filtered values you specify.

Let us know if this helps.

2 Likes

Hi @July Did @rickm’s solution answer your question? If so, could you help the community out by clicking the check box under the reply to mark it as solved? Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @July for helping out the community by marking this as solved! :slight_smile:

1 Like