How to view the Manage Assets page when logged in as an SSO user (user is not authorized to perform: quicksight:ListNamespaces)

How to use the manage assets feature as an SSO user?

I’m sure excited about the manage assets feature but as we use SSO, we appear to be unable to use it. When I go to the page, I see a variety of errors like

User: arn:aws:sts::XXXXXXXX:assumed-role/QuickSight-Admin-Role/foo@bar.com is not authorized to perform: quicksight:ListNamespaces on resource: arn:aws:quicksight:us-east-1:XXXXX:namespace/* because no identity-based policy allows the quicksight:ListNamespaces action

Is there a recommended path for enabling the list namespaces permission here? I would also be happy if there was a way to set a default namespace and then we didn’t need to use list namespaces as is possible via the CLI.

Hi @Brennan_Moore, Can you please check the policy that is used for the QuickSight-Admin-Role and ensure ListNamespaces action is granted?
If you still have issues I would recommend creating a support ticket and our support engineering will be able to take a look and guide you accordingly. Here are the steps to open a support case.

Regards,
Karthik