Joining two datasets for actuals and forecast

So I have two data sets one for actual data and one for forecast data. Now I need to make an analysis to compare the act vs forecast. As, such I was left joining the forecast dataset on the actual dataset to create the calculated field. However, after joining and I am getting weird value for the forecast. I think there must be something wrong with the joint. But, I cant figure it out as the joint both the data sets based on weeknumber, and sc. Any idea what might be the problem or is there any other way to create the calculated field without joining the two datasets.

Hi @Pragya,

I do not see any other option other than join, but can helping you with the probable join clause if I get some more context.

You can try 2 approaches :

• Identify the primary key in the left table. Ensure the right table has same set of primary keys. These should be in the join clause.
  • Or think had you been doing it manually in excel Vlookup, what would you use as the lookup value. Try using the same in the join clause.

Both are ways to the same approach.

Alternately you can create a sample arena dashboard with masked values from your dataset for a quick reference to share here. We can try to identify the join clause needed.

Thanks,
Prantika

Hi @Pragya, did this solution work for you? I am marking this reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community!

yes…it worked perfectly…thankyou

1 Like