New column added does not appear in a joined data set

The exact issue described here happens to me as well:

New columns in the original data set are not added to the joined data set and also don’t appear in the excluded fields list.
Can you please check how can I synchronize this data set (it is synchronized with new data but without the columns)

Hi @ohad.bareli - Welcome to AWS QuickSight Community and thanks for posting the question. Is your custom data set is Spice based? Also can you check whether the field list is available in left panel, also verify the excluded field list as well. In case of direct query, save it and reopen the data set so that it can connect to DB and get the data. Also please open the each data set to confirm whether the new fields are appear there or not.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Hi @Sanjeeb2022 , @ohad.bareli

I have the same issue but the options above did not work for me. Mine is SPICED based. Any other suggestion?
Thanks very much.

Gian Marco

Hi gian - Can you please check the sample data in the dataset canvas. Sometimes some of the fields are in excluded list.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi there,
I was able to fix it by running refreshes multiple times for all datasets until, somehow, they appeared in the final joined dataset.

Thanks for your reply though!
kind regards,
Gian Marco