Pivot Table or Table Format

Is there any way to get a pivot table (or table) to display group rows vertically instead of horizontally (more like a spreadsheet)?

A pivot table displays more in horizontal fashion like this:

In the pivot table example Case Category would be below Referral Source and Case Type Would be below Case Category.

You can hit the double arrow button to swap the columns and rows. Is that what you’re looking for?

Lillie, thank you for the response. I don’t think that is what I need. In my example, Referral Source, Case Category and Case Type are all in the Rows Field Well. If you are familiar with webdatarocks it would work more like Pivot Tables in webdatarocks (https://codepen.io/webdatarocks/pen/dLeZvN). Notice how the rows are stacked in column 1 at the bottom.

I think what you are looking for is the ability to stack all of the row fields into a single column that you can expand and collapse within that column. That is what I noticed in the webdatarocks example and is what I think you are getting at with the drawing above. This is a feature that we do not currently have in QuickSight currently, but it is a feature we do have on our roadmap.

That is correct. Looking forward to the new feature.