Postgres: We weren’t able to create this data source

Hello,

I am running PostgreSQL on Supabase.
I am trying to connect to my PostgressSQL (not hosted on aws, I mean hosted on AWS by Supabases)
and I always get the same thing:
We weren’t able to create this data source.

I can connect to the database directly from terminal, from other tools and other BI providers but not quicksight.
How could I solve this?
The user I’m using has the ability to select tables and all the other configurations. Can’t figure out what’s causing this but this is stopping me from using the service.

Please help. Thanks!

Hi @VladD,

Can you provide more details about the connection? Is this an RDS/Aurora instance or an on-premise deployment? What version of Postgres are you using? Is the connection into a private VPC or is there a public IP?

Here are a couple links that might help, based on the answers above:

• To connect to Postgres 14 or above see here
  • To set up a connection to a private VPC see here.

Hope that helps.

ws

PostgreSQL 15.1 (Ubuntu 15.1-1.pgdg20.04+1) on aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.2) 9.4.0, 64-bit

This is on Supabase which is a managed backend as a service. Under the hood they are using AWS.
the PostgresSQL instance is the db that Supabase provides.

The Supabase db runs in the same AWS region it seems as my quicksight - but again supabase manages that infrastructure

tried changing the password encryption to md5 and created a new user with this pass encryption but still not working … same error in quicksight

@VladD Thank you for letting us know. I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!