QuickSight stopped showing the data

I am running a dashboard for a client, the data come from a excel. Suddenly at September 28, 2022 QS stopped showing the graphs and standstill at charging.
Does anybody know whats happening?

Hi @leonard,

Can you check your dataset and see if it is currently being refreshed?

Hi @Peter,
Thanks for your reply.
The dataset show the status as completed.
If I export the dashboard as PDF it works, but when showing on the browser it doesnt show anything.

Hola @leonard !

Hope all is well. It seems like something is preventing the dashboard from loading successfully.

Some of these steps might require author permissions?

1- On the dashboard, can you try clicking on ‘reset to original dashboard’ on the top left of the screen?

2- Are you using bookmarks? Have any filters been applied? If so, can you try to going to original dashboard?

3- if you have author rights - can you try ‘Save As Analysis’ to see if if it loads as an analysis?

4- Create a new analysis, select that data source. Does metadata and data load?

If none of these trigger the dashboard to load we can as a 2nd step do some deeper troubleshooting and engage with support to dig into your specific environment.

1 Like

Dear @Ramon_Lopez , thanks for your reply.

1- On the dashboard, can you try clicking on ‘reset to original dashboard’ on the top left of the screen?
I’ve tried it, even the original dashboard doesn’t load.

2- Are you using bookmarks? Have any filters been applied? If so, can you try to going to original dashboard?
No bookmarks were added. No filters applied.

3- if you have author rights - can you try ‘Save As Analysis’ to see if if it loads as an analysis?
I’m the author and I’ve tried the ‘save as’ and it works, but the analysis doesn’t show any info.

4- Create a new analysis, select that data source. Does metadata and data load?
I’ve created a new analysis and the data source loads 100%, but when I try to show it as a graph for example, it doesnt show any info. I’ve tried it with even with a different data source.

If none of these trigger the dashboard to load we can as a 2nd step do some deeper troubleshooting and engage with support to dig into your specific environment.
Could you please help me with these step?

Will send you a Direct Message with a few other questions.

thanks

Hi Leonard- as per my direct message conversation this needs deeper troubleshooting.

I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.

Regards,
Ramon Lopez

Hi Leonard,

Is this happening with all dashboards, or just for one particular dashboard?

Is the rest of the site loading fine?

Sometimes if you are behind a firewall or VPN, it may block access to the websockets for Quicksight. One indicator is if the site loads, but no analysis or dashboard visual will load information. You can also confirm by opening the developer tab in Chrome (right click anywhere on the website and choose “inspect”). A pane attached to the browser will open. Select “Network” from the top menu bar in the pane. Two more menu bars will appear. The third menu bar will say: Filter, Invert, Hide data URLs (and more things). Look for “WS” and click that, then reload the page. If a red line pops up on the bottom of the pane, that means your websocket is being blocked. You would need to request that the websocket be allow-listed by your network administrator. The websockets have different end points based on which region you are accessing Quicksight from.

I hope you are able to solve this issue soon.

• Trisha
3 Likes

Hi Leonard,

From reading through your issue notes and responses to Ramon’s questions, Pixel’s response above seems to right. It most likely is your company network blocking traffic to QuickSight.

I’m marking pixel’s response as the solution here.
If your issue happened to stem from something else, please remove this solution flag, add the response from support as next post and flag that as solution.

Regards,
Arun Santhosh

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! Our error was caused by the network admin and was happening with all the dashboards and analysis.
The problem was solved internally.